Monday, March 31, 2008

Give Me Five Monday Meme #20


The ‘Give Me Five’ Monday meme is designed to share fun information with each other in a simple, short list! Here’s how it works: Each week, I will put out a random topic from my list of topics and you share 5 answers of your choice on the given topic and link back here! You can add photos, links or stories or just a simple list of your own of 5 things that relate to the topic as it pertains to you and your life experiences. It doesn’t have to be in any order of importance unless otherwise specified. Sign up for weekly reminder emails at beccagirl@charter.net.


This week’s assignment from Becca at BeccA’s Buzz: Give Me Five future events you are currently looking forward to and/or planning or attending.


1. Alex's First Birthday

My son's first birthday is in two weeks and I'm super excited! We're having a rather large gathering in our backyard with a pig pickin' and fixin's! Family will be in town and our best of best friends will be there! I'm not looking forward to all the yard work, house work, and preparing that needs to be done! But it will be so worth it! We got Alex a sand and water table and I can't wait to put it together for his birthday! He LOVES water! The bath, the shower, rain puddles, and best of all, our dog's water bowl. I'm hoping this table will keep him from using Mia's dog bowl as his own personal water park!

2. Azalea Festival

The 61st Annual North Carolina Azalea Festival is the same weekend as Alex's birthday. Even though I loathe the number of tourons (tourist + moron= touron) that invade our city, I LOVE the festival. There's concerts (Sugarland/Little Big Town and Colbie Caillat/Michelle Branch), a parade, and my favorite, the street fair! With funnel cake of course! Last year I was laid up in the hospital after giving birth and was bummed that I wouldn't get my annual funnel cake! Lo' and behold, in walks one of my best friends Kelly with her husband and 4 day old baby girl and a funnel cake for ME! Thats true friendship in its truest form! Funnel cake!

3. Warmer Weather

I am so ready for warmer weather! Today it is cold and rainy and I am so over that. Yah yah yah, we're in a drought and we need the rain. I get it. But I want sunny, warm, beeeeauuuuutiful weather! I'm ready to plant lots of flowers and a few trees! I'm ready to let Alex run around outside butt naked! (In our backyard of course!) Or spend all afternoon outside at a park or at the beach with Alex and friends! I'm totally ready to shed the long sleeves. (Keeping the jeans though. It should be illegal for me to wear shorts.) I want to open up all the windows in the house and let the warm breeze bring in some fresh air! Or even sleep at night with the windows open! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

4. April 15th

This is the day that we change uniform shirts at work. Yes, I'm seriously looking forward to this! October 15th-April 15th we wear our "dress" work shirts. These are button down, polyester, uncomfortable, stain magnet, white, heat trapping, dress shirts. Just like a man's short sleeve dress shirt. But on April 15th we get to switch to our oh so comfortable, cotton, sweat wicking, stain resistant, white, polo shirts! No more scrambling to the dry cleaners! (I HATE ironing with a passion.) No more jaw dropping, crap ass job, dry cleaning bills for 6 months! Instead I can just pull it out of the dryer and throw it on! No collar brass to worry about putting on. No name badge, no pen in the front pocket... oh happpppy day!

5. Summer Vacation

Every year in June my side of my immediate family go on vacation to Hilton Head, SC. We didn't go last year because Alex was only a few weeks old. And at that time he was a constant crying mess thanks to undiagnosed reflux. No way was I going to travel away from home with a newborn! But this year is going to be all fun in the sun! I can't wait to have a whole week away from everyday monotonous life! I'm really excited that I will have my husband and whole family there to help out with Alex! I truely will have a vacation from my normal life! I even have my fingers crossed that I can hand Alex off to my parents for one night so I can sleep late! Ohhhhh the joy that would bring. Maybe I'll even consider putting the relation back into my relationship with my husband.... but I don't want to start thinking wild here... ha! I can't wait to play in the sand with Alex, take him swimming in the pool/ocean, and take him to the top of the lighthouse (his Dad will be carrying him of course). Maybe he'll even learn to putt-putt! Another tradition of my family is our entirely too competitive nightly games of putt-putt while at Hilton Head. Dang, I can't wait!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm excited for your vacation for you! I know I can't wait to see the kids enjoying the beach this year too! Better enjoy it before #2!